Ugh… This was not a good weekend! I had that horrible stomach flu and did not get anything done. I wanted to re-pot plants and get some sewing and crafting done. Instead I spent the weekend on the couch or in bed. We have Spring Break next week so I hope to catch up on EVERYTHING!!
Since I lost my weekend and all that wonderful craft time, I decided I would let you help me catch up! I’m posting Pinterest links to five craft/sewing projects I want to do and am letting you choose my next project! Comment below to let me know which one I should make. The one with the most comments is the one I will make! I’ll post the results and the project next week!
For the garden: http://pinterest.com/pin/30399366209584911/
For my youngest granddaughter: http://pinterest.com/pin/30399366210964494/
My oldest granddaughter loves rainbows! http://pinterest.com/pin/30399366211227504/
I could always use a new robe. http://pinterest.com/pin/30399366210907659/
For the home. http://pinterest.com/pin/30399366208115743/
I have finished another dish towel. I used the Double Bump Dish Cloth pattern found on Ravelry. It was a nice easy knit and something I was able to do while I sat in meetings all last weekend.
Dish cloths are a great way to try new stitches and they are useful! I decided I would knit until I used all of the yarn and this is what I came up with…
My Double Bump Dishcloth
Since it was a dishcloth for me (and to be used) I didn’t block it. It measures 14″ x 8″ – hard to tell in the picture, isn’t it! And this is terrible but I don’t know if this is Peaches and Cream or Sugar ‘n Cream yarn but I do know that it is one or the other. I’ve had this yarn forever and lost the label a long time ago. From the feel of the yarn, I would say it was Peaches and Cream.
I have already started the next dish cloth. It’s called the Raindrop Dishcloth. The circle at the bottom of the dishcloth is made by making several new stitches from one stitch. That might sound complicated but it’s really fairly simple and I can knit while watching TV. I’m knitting it in Lily Sugar ‘n Cream bright navy, I think. Again I’ve lost the label but I’m fairly sure that is what it is. I’ll post a pic when it’s done but below is the pic from the pattern. I don’t think it’ll look as nice in the navy as it does in the light colors but it should still be pretty.
I’m starting a KAL in August and am ready! It’s Floralee and is by Sharon of She Knits. The link to the KAL is: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/she-knits-pattern-chat/2198112/1-25. I’ve completed a couple of her KALs and love her patterns. It uses 420 yds. of fingering weight yarn. I have chosen and received my yarn! It’s Madeline Tosh LIght in Briar which is a purple tonal yarn. Isn’t it gorgeous!?!
The pattern is a shawl/scarf. I’m really looking forward to finding out what it looks like. Now I just have to wait until August 1st to get the first clue! 😦
I made my graddaughter a shirt from a tutorial over at Noodles and Milk. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I purchased the felt ribbon at Hobby Lobby and the shirt at the Dollar Store. I didn’t sew the bow on because I wasn’t sure how it would wash, even though I purchased it in the fabric department. I pinned it with a safety-pin so hopefully me granddaughter won’t have any problems with it. I think it is cute.
I’ve become somewhat obsessed with making crafts from books. I have some books I don’t want anymore and I don’t want to throw them away, so I’ve been on a hunt. I bought a book The Repurposed Library and have marked what I want to make ( I love the book bursts). Then I found a bog with glass ornaments decoupaged with old book pages, and create my own version. I purchased some plastic ornaments and glitter from Hobby Lobby, tore strips of paper from the pages of an old book and decoupaged the papers on with Modge Podge. I then sprinkled glitter over the ornament. I found that it worked better to let the ornament dry, then spread a thin layer of Modge Podge and sprinkle with glitter. The glitter I used was a fine ground glass. It was clear and gives a beautiful sparkle. Below are the results. I definitely need to work on taking good photos!
I carved a couple of pumpkins last night. One was Rapunzel and the other was Linus in the pumpkin patch.
I realize you see Linus and a hole with a skull in the middle. That’s what happens when you make one wrong cut on Rapunzel. Half her face falls off and you wind up with a big hole with a skull shoved inside. You can’t see it but there is a light in the skull so it’s eyes are glowing. I’ve had a lot of compliments on the pumpkins, especially Linus. A couple of guys thought it was a rug rat, which made me feel a little old. The candle in Linus is a cinnamon scented votive so my porch is not only sporting a cute pumpkin, it’s also adding a little aromatherapy!
As usual, not the best pictures. I need to take a class or something.
I finally finished the affirmation cards. I got the information here I like the way they turned out. I made the cards into magnets so I can put them on my metal cabinet at work. It’s always good to have something to remind you to be happy and content with yourself.