I’ve never been fond of casseroles but my mother-in-law makes them all the time and I’ve come to realize what a great time saver they are! I haven’t cooked since I can’t remember when so I decided I would make a casserole using a recipe I got from a woman at church. It’s called Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole and it’s a recipe from Kroger®. Since I was making it for just my mother-in-law and me, I cut the recipe in half. It was pretty good and I am going to have to remember to make it again.
I need to practice my photography skills but you get the idea. Recipe below:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Instant Rice, uncooked
- 20 oz. pkg. fully cooked chicken breast, diced
- 4 1/2 oz. deli ham, cut in cubes
- 6 oz. sliced swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Stir sour cream, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add rice, chicken, ham, and swiss cheese and stir to combine.
- Spread evenly into a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Mix corn flakes, parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, until heated through and topping is golden brown.