Goals for 2013
Oh my gosh! Where did 2012 go! I swear it was just Jan. 1, 2012 a little while ago. Time just seems to fly and I don’t seem to get anything done. So since we are here with a new year, I went back and looked at the goals I wrote for 2012. I hate to say it but I didn’t compete all of them. Actually I forgot I wrote them down at all so I suppose I didn’t do too bad.! Below are the goals and how well (or not so well) I did:
- Read the Bible. I started listening to The One Year ® Bible plan at www.youversion.com. I listen to it when I go to bed each night. I haven’t completed it yet but am almost done so I consider that a success. This year I want to study about the women of the Bible and Biblical Womanhood. Being a woman of God and a Godly wife to my husband has been heavy on my heart.
- Prepare at least three meals a week. Can’t say I got this done. I love to cook so you would think this wouldn’t be such a hard goal. I’m keeping this one as a goal for 2013.
- Make at least one craft a month. I made several crafts with my granddaughter as well as some of my own. This is one goal I forgot about so I didn’t keep track. I’ll say I was somewhat successful.
- My last goal was to get organized. I did this! At least for every room except my craft room and my section of the office. Okay, those two are the biggest problem areas. I did get some organization completed in those rooms – the piles on my desk aren’t as high as they were. Does that count? I do need to declutter and organize those two areas in my house though.
So, this year, I decided to actually print my goals and post them where I will see them. I created a document on Publisher and names it Goals 2013. Creative, huh? Anyway, below are the goal I have made for the new year:
1. Learn about the Women of the Bible and Biblical Womanhood. I want to read Lies Women Believe and complete the workbook that goes with it. I’ve had this book for years but haven’t read it yet. I also want to read True Woman 101: Divine Design: An Eight-Week Study on Biblical Womanhood. They are both by Nancy Lee DeMoss (the 2nd one is also by Mary Kassian). I really like Nancy Lee DeMoss and have listened to her podcast Revive Our Hearts for years.
2. Continue with Weight Watchers and working out at the gym. I joined Weight Watchers last May and have lost 40 lbs.!!!! I still have a loooong way to go but I am so pleased with how I’ve done. Hubby and I also rejoined the gym a couple of weeks ago and my goal is to go at least 3 days a week. I hate working out and have never been athletic – I was a band geek in high school. Although I do enjoy water aerobics and the gym has it every day except for Sunday. I have WW Monday evenings but can go Tue. – Saturday. I do need to workout on the weight machines as well. I want to get rid of my flabby arms and jello belly!
3. Prepare at least three meals a week. I didn’t succeed in 2012 but there is hope for me still. However, I say this as I’m finishing up a baked potato and small chili from Wendy’s.
4. Blog. I figure this is a good way to keep track of what I do. If I’m sitting in my chair, I have my laptop so might as well do something useful with it!
So there you have it. My goals for this year. There aren’t too many and they are fairly simple but hopefully when I turn around tomorrow and it’s 2014, I’ll be able to say I met every goal and then some!